-
April 21st, 2003, 02:09 PM
#11
Inactive Member
I don't think that many trekkies really distinguish between Shatner and Kirk or Nimoy - Spock, so I guess it wouldn't be impossible to find ShatnerxNimoy stories out there [img]eek.gif[/img]
(It really took me quite a while to figure out that seguchi touma was male... he looked like a woman, sounded like one and certainly dressed like one in my opinion)
oh.. and having two obviously hererosexual male beeings has never stoped fans to pair them up together in fanfics or whatever. the funny thing is... the idea doesn't even sound weird to me... (guess my mind hasn't much in common anymore with what ppl call "normal" *erm*)
-
April 21st, 2003, 02:41 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I'm kind of philosophically used to anything-goes with fictional characters (even if I think there are some things that are so wildly implausible that I can't imagine anything involving that combination could possibly be *well* written).
But for some reason, my brain goes "what the...?!" when faced with the fanfic phenomenon being applied to real people and actors instead of fictional characters...
maybe because I think it's kind of disturbing that people could view celebrities as just as fictional and not-real and able-to-be-manipulated-by-authorial-whim as fictional characters... I think it's sad enough that celebrities don't get to keep anything resembling a normal human life; for them to be that much further dehumanized and treated as someone else's playthings is, in my opinion, really sad, sick, and scary... ^^;;;
-
April 21st, 2003, 04:31 PM
#13
Inactive Member
I totally agree on the sad, sick and scary part, but I'd like to point out that it might be exactly the same thing if a 13 year old fangirl dreams of her idol appearing out of the blue one day and telling her how much he loves her and he wants to marry her [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] (and I knew a lot of girls with such high hopes a few years ago ^^;; )
(well these fantasies usually don't make it to a written version *thankgod* but so much for the "treating real life persons as free for manipulating" thing...)
same thing with ppl going on about how much they hate some famous person.. even though they've never had a chance to meet or talk to them so, hey, hating someone you don't even know? x_X
what I try to say is that this kind of thing happens to real life stars all the time, it's just a question of how insulting the whole thing becomes (I wonder if ppl get more offended by beeing paired up with another guy or the idea of beeing ficitional married to some 13 year old fangirl?)
maybe the best thing if you really really like some star or famous guy is never to buy his products and hope that he will soon be forgotten by press and society and come back to a normal life one day ^^
(erm, this is all rather off topic *feelsbad*)
*triestogetbacktotopic* yay! I really look forward to read sakende yaruze too!!!
*erm*
sorry ^^
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks